Stocai is a six piece English Dance Band combining bagpipes, bassoon,
concertina, flute, guitar, keyboards, mandola, mandolin, melodeon,
percussion, violin and whistle.
Stocai brings together six musicians with a rare understanding of dance
music. The only way to be good at playing for dance is to do it - and
the members of Stocai have served long hours playing for dance in many
of the most innovative and respected bands on the scene.
Stocai draws on English, French, Scandinavian, Quebecois, Old Time
American dance music traditions and more, whilst utilising the tune
writing skills of the whole band and "borrowing" tunes from well known
musicians such as Cliff Stapleton (an original member of the band) and
John Kirkpatrick - the problem has been what to leave out!
- Sheena Masson who rocks out on concertina with Stmp, but also adds
flute and basson to Stocai
- Heather Vigar-Horsley on keyboards, flute and whistle has been a member
of The Old Swan Band for the past decade and was a founder member of
- Dave Jolly plays melodeon and anglo concertina; founder member of the
long established dance band Pandemonium
- Chris Walshaw provides the big French sound on pipes as he does with
Nigel Eaton & Cliff Stapleton in The Duellists, and adds flute & whistle
- Kevin Adams Milton Keynes own songwriter and fiddler, also on mandolin
& octave mandolin
- Martin Hazell percussion - ex of the famed Ran-Tan Band, the wild man of
the Essex Wildlife Trust!
Visit Stocai's Home Page